Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Bespectacled Bride


Ever seen a bride in glasses? I hadn't. Until I googled it. Here is an awesome blogpost from intimateweddings.com about brides who have decided to wear them on their big day.

You see, it occurred to me at a random moment the other day (it was in shower, where I do most of my musing plus get burst of inspiration!) that I don't want to be a bespectacled bride.

I wear glasses all the time, and have done so since I got them. Sure, I've used contacts, but mostly for special occasions – ski trip, my formal, making my debut. And now after 5 months of being engaged, I realised I will have to get some to get married in!

I very, very briefly considered wearing my glasses, then rejected it. Though they are “me” and having them on my face is what I'm used to seeing in the mirror every day, I don't want to wear them on my big day. Vanity? Probably. Also kinda curious as to what I will look like all made up without them!

Now I just have to remember to go to the optometrist and order some...

No comments:

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com