Monday, June 27, 2011

Love is like wildflowers


"Love is like wildflowers; It's often found in the most unlikely places." - Ralph Waldo Emerson


I went and saw the florist on the weekend. She asked what I wanted, and I said "wildflowers".

What she guessed I meant was Australian Natives. I have no idea why, but during the past few years I have grown to really appreciate our native flora. I adore gum-leaf green, pink grevillea, spiky banksia and the unusually shaped flowers, stems, leaves and petals of the bush.

The florist showed me many different types of flowers, including banksia, grevillea, bottle brush, protea (not Australian, I know, but look FANTASTIC in a bouquet), flowering gum, geralton wax, eucalypt and waratah. I think the waratah is a little too big though!

It was so exciting. I've always secretly wanted to be a florist.

No comments:

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com