Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ooh, that's Pinterest-ing! Wedding dresses

It was the wonderful @jackieocean who first suggested I used pinterest for wedding planning. She sent me an invite and said it had been very helpful for her so far for keeping track of ideas.

And boy, was she right. Pinterest is a cornucopia of pretty things - and with its help (and a few bridal blogs) I have been able to refine my indeas about what I want for my big day. I've been able to pin ideas about everything from shoes to cakes, reception centrepieces to dresses.

This week I've been kind of obsessed with the idea of a ballgown wedding dress. The fluffier the better. I have no idea where this tulle mania has come from, given that I do not like the "meringue" look, but I love the idea of a huge skirt of my wedding dress.

So here's some pins I've looked at this week...










And some with colour! Tossing up the idea of having a non-white dress is very exciting!







I'm linking up with Tinagray.me's Ooh that's pinterest-ing!



Ooh, that's Pinterest...ing!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that last one~ the colour is gorgeous! great fun finding "the" dress~ good luck :)

Kirsty said...

Pinterest is awesome for wedding planning! I wish I had it back when I was planning our wedding!!
Good luck finding your perfect dress!

Gemma @ My Big Nutshell said...

Oh those fabrics are just gorgeous Sarah! You remember the fabric as much as the dress.

I had a silk satin organza fabric with a french lace overlay on the bodice. The fabric was truly delicious and to this day I remember how it moved and how lovely it felt on me.

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

hmmmm taking a good look at these lol :-) Cos i am renewing my vowels in jan love them all but the greenish 1 is saying ME!

MyFiveMinutes! said...

gosh there is some stunning dresses! love the first one and the dark grey (?) one. the coloured ones are gorgeous.
Whats with the massive hair on most of them? is there a massive dress = massive hair rule?
Good luck deciding!

Kate @ Puddles and Gumboots said...

Just beautiful dresses! Pinterest is amazing for wedding inspiration! I wish it was around when I was getting married

Tina Gray said...

*sigh* I love looking at all things wedding. These dresses are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in x

Brooke said...

Don't hate me but I don't like any of them. They're to fruffly and looks like your girl got them in a shop :) Plus they're strapless, which I loath with a passion. I see you in something sleek with a train. More classic and classy than ultra modern. You know I'm brutally honest right.

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com