Friday, April 15, 2011

Pinning


[image source]


A few days ago, I developed an interest in pinning. That is, the lovely JackieOcean sent me an invite to Pinterest. And there went the rest of my evening.

I had heard Pinterest mentioned on Twitter a few times, but never actually explored it. People seems to both love it and hate it, lamenting that it was a time-sucker but oh so irresistible.

Now when I think of pinning, I think of Stanley from Terry Pratchett's 'Going Postal'. A lonely boy, Stanley's main hobby is collecting pins. He buys them, catalogs them, swaps them. He even writes a zine about them. But then his boss invents stamps... and dear Stanley is lured away from juvenile pins forever by the glamorous world of philately.

But I am firmly enconsced in the world of pinning, and having a hell of a time with it. Jackie is using it to collate wedding style ideas - and I intend on using it for the same thing!

If you want a Pinterest invite, I have 5 to give away. Just drop me a DM on twitter with your email address.

No comments:

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com